Do you ever start something, finish it then decide it doesn't quite work? This was one of those dresses. Its based on Butterick B5420, which I've made before. I added extra ease from my orignal dress and lengthened the top to become dress length.
|What the dress would look like if it was fitted properly (unfortunately its just me holding it pulled tight in the back).|
I redid the neckline twice as it was way too loose, even with neck tape. I finally did a neckline that fitted, but it involved taking two inches of either end of hte wrap neckline, which totally distorted the grainlines. I decided in the end to pass on the dress as a source of new fabric, (rather than a wearable item) to someone who alreay had this fabric. Which is a bit of a cop out in terms of decluttering, but hopefully the fabric is of use even if not as a dress!
|What the dress actually looked like. Note the change in slope..|