What I also did that was shocking (well to me any) was to make up a list of all the projects I had 'on the go'. Also called UFO - unfinished objects or WIP - work in progress.
As at mid July I had 48 items to complete. Now before you laugh, some of that was mending. It also explained why I had a sinking feeling when i went into my sewing area!
I've since made progress through the list but discovered something interesting. Although I have now completed 31 items, there are still 35 items to do. I'm not bad at maths (thanks to learning the new maths strategies from Mr 11, so I did some investigation. Turns out that not only did I complete things on my to do list, I also started
- New curtains for a big bedroom
- Orange tee - shirt for Mr F
- Orange trousers for Mr F
- Skirt block (Craftsy class)
- and created new patterns for a tee, reusable shopping bag and a silk bias dress.
I could justify my list for a while I as having to move my machine down two flights of stairs meant I only cut out and drafted patterns at my monthly sewing class. So I knew there would be a bit of a backlog - but 48 - Seriously!
As this is a belated end of year reflection I've learnt that
- I like shiny new things
- I hate going back to unsuccessful projects and writing up what needs to happen differently - and then throwing unsuccessful garment away.
- I need to set aside more time to clear out the to do list before starting new things!
Wonder how long my list will be in mid 2016?