Monday, December 19, 2016

Overworked wrap dress

Do you ever start something, finish it then decide it doesn't quite work? This was one of those dresses.  Its based on Butterick B5420, which I've made before. I added extra ease from my orignal dress and lengthened the top to become dress length.  

What the dress would look like if it was fitted properly (unfortunately its just me holding it pulled tight in the back).

I redid the neckline twice as it was way too loose, even with neck tape. I finally did a neckline that fitted, but it involved taking two inches of either end of hte wrap neckline, which totally distorted the grainlines.  I decided in the end to pass on the dress as a source of new fabric, (rather than a wearable item) to someone who alreay had this fabric. Which is a bit of a cop out in terms of decluttering, but hopefully the fabric is of use even if not as a dress!
What the dress actually looked like. Note the change in slope..

No comments:

Post a Comment