Sunday, February 1, 2015

Prem baby''s blanket

My beautiful new pink and orange wool for a baby blanket.
There is a wonderful facebook group called earlybuds who make clothes and blankets for prem babies. I've been following them for a while and decided to make a premature baby's blanket for them. It meant I could knit in pink for a while as I never get to make girls things, and it was a small square (50cmx50cm) so I thought it was achievable. There were a couple of issues though.


My knitting needles when I went to knit today
Everyone denies it, but somehow my metal knitting needles got very bent! I was able to make a quick trip to the yarn shop nearby http://www.hollandroadyarn.co.nz/  to get new needles. I chose bamboo ones. They are very nice to knit with, and it was an easy project to take with me in my purse.
Mr F trying the blanket out for size
Its now finished, but I need to figure out how to get it to not roll at the edges then I can send it off. So that makes it project knitting no 3 completed.


1 comment:

  1. It's a lovely blanket and will keep a premie beautifully warm :) Thanks for the link, I haven't been to this shop but I shall have to pay a visit. Luscious yarns!

    ReplyDelete