Friday, September 11, 2015

Sewing retreat Fabric Hoarders 2015

I was lucky enough to attend another retreat with my 'Once a month sewing group'- the Fabric Hoarders. It was held near Otaki on the Kapiti Coast. 

View across the Otaki River
It is about 7km off the main road close to the Otaki river. I went for a morning walk and it was beautiful.  Riverslea Retreat is a vegetarian retreat with lots of local and organic food on offer. It was catered which, once we had all agreed the selections, meant no cooking- and even better no dishes! 

We had a smaller number than last time so we could have the fire on in the main lounge where we had the machines set up.  That left good space in the other areas for irons, and cutting tables and most importantly the drinks and nibbles area.  

I worked on my second quilt Bright Quilt and started a dress for a friends wedding.

Added in with the sewing was a some shopping at the local shops and lots of laughter with friends and its easy to see why this is one of my favorite things to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment